DIY Real Estate Photos or Hire a Professional?
If you are planning to sell your home, you might be wondering whether you should take your own photos or hire a professional photographer. After all, photos are one of the most important factors that attract buyers and influence their decision. In this blog post, we will compare the pros and cons of DIY real estate photos and hiring a professional, and help you decide which option is best for you.
– You can save money by not paying for a photographer’s fee and expenses.
– You can take photos at your own convenience and pace, without having to schedule an appointment or coordinate with a photographer.
– You can have more control over the style and editing of your photos, and choose the ones that you like best.
– You need to have a good camera and equipment, such as a tripod, a wide-angle lens, a flash, and editing software. If you don’t have these, you might need to buy or rent them, which can add to your costs.
– You need to have some photography skills and knowledge, such as how to compose a shot, how to adjust the lighting and exposure, how to edit the photos for optimal quality and size, etc. If you don’t have these, you might end up with poor-quality photos that don’t showcase your home well.
– You need to spend time and effort to take and edit your photos, which can be stressful and time-consuming. You might also miss some important details or features that a professional would notice.
– You can get high-quality photos that highlight the best features of your home and make it look appealing and spacious. A professional photographer has the experience, skills, and equipment to capture your home in the best possible way.
– You can save time and hassle by letting the photographer handle everything from setting up the shots, taking the photos, editing them, and delivering them to you. You don’t have to worry about anything except preparing your home for the photo shoot.
– You can benefit from the photographer’s expertise and advice on how to stage your home, what angles to use, what time of day to shoot, etc. A professional photographer knows what buyers are looking for and how to make your home stand out from the competition.
– You need to pay for the photographer’s fee and expenses, which can vary depending on their experience, location, and demand. The average cost of hiring a professional real estate photographer in Canada is $150-$500 per session, but it can go higher or lower depending on various factors.
– You need to schedule an appointment with the photographer and coordinate with them on the date and time of the photo shoot. This can be inconvenient if you have a busy schedule or if you need to sell your home quickly.
– You need to trust the photographer’s judgment and style, and accept the photos that they deliver. You might not have much input or control over how your photos look or which ones are selected.
As you can see, there are advantages and disadvantages to both DIY real estate photos and hiring a professional photographer. The best option for you depends on your budget, time frame, skills, preferences, and goals. If you want to save money and have more control over your photos, DIY might be a good choice for you. If you want to save time and hassle and get high-quality photos that attract more buyers, hiring a professional might be worth it. Ultimately, you should choose the option that makes you feel confident and comfortable with selling your home, But remember you do pay for what you get & hiring a professional could get you more for your home compared to doing it yourself.